Student Ministries Director Position Available (Part Time)
Student Ministries Director Position Available
We currently have a position available for Student Ministries Director (part-time).
To develop and grow a vibrant youth ministry comprised of middle and high school ages. To provide direction and spiritual growth to effectively face the issues of their culture and discover their gifts to serve God wholeheartedly. To also develop a ministry team of volunteers within the church that will assist with the overall programs and scope of the ministry providing vision and direction for the program and its integration with the church body.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Be a maturing Christian and able to give testimony to that fact
- Be an active member of a Southern Baptist Church
- Be sound in Christian Baptist doctrine
- If not a member of Plant City Baptist Church, must become a member
- Be mature enough to earn the respect and trust of our youth
- Be prompt in their service and as example to our youth of Christian conduct
- Planning and carrying out activities of youth in grades 6th through 12th.
- All activities are to be Christ centered, which means that they shall begin with prayer and carried out in a way that promotes the worth of every participating youth
- Promote the atmosphere that encourages our lost young people to come to want to know Jesus as Savior and Lord
- Teach as least one youth class per week and be a student in another class at another time.
- Participate at all regular services of the church
- Develop, promote and coordinate a balanced program of activities and discipleship ministry to youth.
- Train and involve youth and youth leaders in an outreach program to reach unsaved youth.
- Plan yearly youth emphasis (i.e. Youth Week, Youth Revivals, DNOW, YEC) to involve youth in areas of church leadership.
- Involve youth in ministry and mission projects.
- Support youth in their school setting.
- Be available to parents to discuss issues related to their child or youth ministry.
- Enlist a balance of men and women youth workers and nominating committee.
- Lead regular leadership meetings with youth leaders.
- Provide training opportunities in church and/or at state and national levels.
- Draw up a yearly budget for youth ministry and submit to Finance Committee.
- Will be available to fill the pulpit, conduct funerals, assist deacons in hospital visitations.
- As time permits will assist in and serve as resource person to Children’s Ministry of church.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the pastor.
Resumes can either be sent via email or mailed to the church.
Mail: Plant City Baptist Church
Attn: Search Committee
2001 East 1st Ave
Lanett, AL 36863